Friday, January 31, 2014

MSPI Friendly Birthday Cake

Baby Brother is about to turn one! Cue the tears. I just can't believe my baby is not quite a tiny baby anymore. I was looking through our photos to pick out a few to print for his party/baby book and man, I got all nostalgic. I mean he wasn't small for very long, but he's still my baby, you know?

Anyway, it's about time for some baking and luckily for my jeans I already practiced before Little Boy's party last summer, so here are my dairy-free, soy-free (and bonus points) egg-free cakes! They turned out perfectly this summer, so most likely I'll just be repeating. Although now that we have cut out white flour and vegetable oil from our diet I might have to rethink these.



MSPI Friendly Chocolate Cake

1 ½ cup flour
⅓ cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup cold water
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp vinegar

Mix dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients except vinegar. At the last minute, incorporate the vinegar and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.


MSPI Friendly Lemon Cake

3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ¼ cup sugar
⅓ cup veg oil
3 Tbsp water + 3 Tbsp oil + 2 tsp baking powder (mixed together)
1 ¼ cup water
2 tsp vanilla
¼ cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel

Mix dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients in the order listed.
Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment