Friday, April 12, 2013

Routine: 1 and 21 months

2:00 a.m.- Diaper change* and feeding for Baby Brother. Burping and swaddling. All in all about 45 minutes before I can go back to sleep. M, who might have fallen asleep on the couch, or was still up this whole time comes to bed.

5:00 a.m.- Ditto previous. Sometimes M does the changing for me and that's awesome.

7:00 a.m.- More feeding. This time I stay in bed instead of the glider because from here on out every half hour the kiddo wants to eat a little more. I let him sleep on me in between.

9:00 a.m. Little Boy is up. I go to his room and attempt getting him dressed but usually Baby Brother will cry for yet another feeding and Little Boy runs into our bedroom. I take clothes and a diaper with me and we head to pick up Baby Brother. Little Boy runs around and explores whatever he can find in our room while I feed the baby. We put in a load of laundry.

10:00 a.m. We are finally downstairs eating breakfast. The boys are dressed; I am probably not yet.

10:30 a.m. Morning activity with Little Boy: crafting, obstacle course, baking etc. I pause to feed the baby that was napping in the swing.


12:00 p.m. We play outdoors: if things are going well I might be attempting a walk, otherwise we stay in the coto (gated community) and check out the neighbor's construction workers, play on the grass with a ball, or just wander around. Baby Brother is hanging out in the Moby.

1: 15 p.m. Lunch for Little Boy (leftovers from dinner plus extra fruit and veggies). Generally interrupted by a nursing session.

2:00 p.m. Little Boy goes down for a nap after a diaper change, a couple of stories, and a fuss. I make/eat lunch, attend to the laundry, try to do a bit of tidying/dishes/other task before it's time to feed the baby yet again. Before I know it Little Boy is up, but sometimes I leave him in his room for another 15 minutes because Momma needs a break!

4:00 pm. Little Boy is up and we get changed and play with his toys until Daddy comes home. Now is a great time to play with his water stand.

5:00 p.m. By now Daddy is home. Thank goodness because Baby Brother starts to cluster feed until he goes down for the night. Little Boy and Daddy play outside.

6:30 p.m. Trying to get dinner together in between feeding and burping Baby Brother.

7:00 p.m. Dinner for the three of us, interrupted of course by a feeding. Daddy does some dishes, while Little Boy plays in the kitchen, and I am on the couch with Baby Brother.

8:00 p.m. The three of us bathe Baby Brother. Then I dress and feed him while Daddy bathes Little Boy. When they finish I go in to put Little Boy to bed while Daddy burps Baby Brother.


9:00 p.m. Little Boy is in bed. Baby Brother sometimes gets a top off feeding, or if he's already asleep then just a swaddle and to bed. I check in on the laundry, collect my things and get ready for bed.

10:00 p.m. or a bit later- Mommy goes to sleep. Daddy goes to his office/couch to do some work.

*I'm leaving out "diaper change" but just about every feeding time comes with one. Yes, I am changing 15+ diapers a day between the two kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment