Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Second Time Around: The Second Trimester- Part 1


Here's a run down of symptoms that have popped up in the second trimester. All of them are cumulative, for better and for worse.

Week 14- Can't lie on back. I was starting to feel shortness of breath in the first trimester and now I really can't lie flat on my back for more than a couple of minutes. With BB1, this didn't kick in until maybe the last month before delivery so this is kind of a bummer.

Week 15- Reflux started up. It's still not that bad but I need to cut out onions and a lot of citrus in order to be comfortable.

Week 16- Bad mood Fridays. Last time around, I commented that pregnancy just put me in a bad mood. This time I was able to note when it started. It generally hits worst in the evenings and weekends when I am tired and bored. Remedy: naps and staying busy.

Week 17- Almost daily naps. When Baby Boy goes down for his nap, I veg out on the couch and, more days than not, have myself a short little nap, long enough to rejuvenate me to finish out the day.

Week 18- First movements. Early in this week, or maybe the end of the last I started feeling my little swimmer in the late evenings before bed. Happy!

Week 19- Starting to get random strangers asking about the pregnancy, guess the bump is a-growing.

Week 20- I was a rebel and ate sushi! Yum! Also lots of round ligament pain. Oh, let's add soft-serve to the rebel list too.

Week 21- Lots of stomach stretching, reflux when I bend down, feeling more lazy. I still have energy but if feels more cumbersome to get tasks done. I know this just the beginning though!


22 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment