Monday, June 18, 2012

Approved

One of the very first dates I went on with M, we met up at a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf shop. I was at my parents place for the weekend and borrowed my Mom's car to drive 15 minutes to the next town over for our meeting. M was doing a volunteer program figuring out if he wanted to be a doctor, and walked the 30 minutes from his place to the mall. Why am I mentioning these transportation details? Because like many in a brand new relationship we talked and talked until the coffee shop closed at 1 a.m. We walked down to the mall parking garage only to find the garage closed and my car locked inside! The lot was run by the city, and therefore closed at midnight. We called the emergency number, but alas, were told I could have access to my car at 7 a.m. the next morning.

By this time there were no more buses running, and we didn't even have a key to M's apartment because his roommate had taken his copy to his late night shift. We walked across the downtown for 45 minutes in order to retrieve the key, and then 45 back towards his apartment where there was one mini camping cot. It was an adventure; it was nuts. We had to get up very very early to walk back to the parking garage to get my car and return it to my Mom before I had to leave town. All that to say, we have a special place in our heart for the Coffee Bean.

How amazing was it, after a long day in Mexico City, that on our way to the metro we came across one of their locations? So we took Baby Boy inside to check it out, and he most definitely approved!



The End

No comments:

Post a Comment