Sunday, January 22, 2012

Best Birthday Yet

I always have mixed feelings about my birthday, stemming from it being in the middle of winter and right after the holidays. Often times the important people in my life have missed it for one these two reasons (read: massive snowstorms and other plans). So I always expect a disappointing day, and am surprised if something works out. Well this year was amazing. In fact, it was probably the best birthday I have had since I was a very young child.

Let's start withe the weather- it was a beautiful sunny, perfect blue sky Guadalajara "winter" day. One of my friends here, took me out to my favorite breakfast place, and Baby Boy was so well behaved, letting us chat and munching on a cantaloupe.


Mid-day M brought home flowers, and ice cream cake (that I could eat because it doesn't have eggs), and balloons, which Baby Boy loved!

In the evening, we went out to an early dinner, that turned out to be free (because it was my birthday- we had no idea), complete with air clapping and singing with Baby Boy in my arms sleeping, as a shot of something was poured down my throat. It was funny and fun and such a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment