Thursday, December 8, 2011

Still Working on It

Mostly I love moving. I like discovering new places, experiencing new activities and food and the ubiquitous "culture". But anyone who has moved more than a couple times in their life will inevitably tell you the same thing: it's hard to make real friends.

It's not too hard to "meet people", or even to make superficial friendships. The first semester we arrived here I made friends with a bunch of exchange students. A year and a half later, they've all gone back to their respective countries, and the friendships have been demoted to facebook only.

I feel lucky that there's a Wive Club here in Guad. In many ways, it has enabled me to connect with a lot of really nice girls, that are in the same situation as I am: in Mexico, away from family, living the schedule of a student, and not really able to work. I'm grateful for the companionship, the support of well versed mothers, and opportunity to connect and discover together. At this point though, I'm not sure of the destiny of these friendships. Still working on it...

#WEverb11 no. 5

No comments:

Post a Comment