Thursday, December 15, 2011

Giving myself a free pass

That's how I give myself space nowadays. Instead of worrying about the holiday decors which I haven't put together, I just sit on the couch and watch a movie, read a book, or blog (or all of the above). Instead of worrying about another dinner that I didn't make, I just whip up some guacamole and pull out the chips (yum yum). Instead of being concerned about every email I didn't reply to, I just star it and leave it for the next day (or week).

This past year I have become an expert at giving myself a free pass. Occasionally the Type A in me rears it's head, but then I remind myself that Happy Mama= Happy Baby, and being Baby Boy's Mom is my most important job right now. If everything else is not perfect so be it. There will be years to be perfect. Or maybe there won't. Right now "easy" is not a bad word, so I'm embracing it. Also, I wonder if I am a reformed Type A? How does that work?

#WEverb11 no.14

No comments:

Post a Comment