Monday, October 24, 2011

The Return

Coming back to Mexico was great, in many ways. Mostly because flying with another adult made the trip SO much easier. Our last few days in the States were super fun because Daddy/Hubby M joined us. (And everything is just better together!) We had a great little busy weekend with lots of visits and friends (and packing). So even though we had the usual stress of way too much luggage to pack, and somehow I always find myself writing thank you notes just before we leave (because the mail in Mexico doesn't work), it was a crazy rush.



It rained. Did you know there was a drought in Texas? So obviously on our very last day, when I still need to run to Target one more time, and buy a few more jammies for our Baby Boy, it was pouring! and flooding! and NO ONE could complain! We drove in the rain to the airport, arrived with plenty of time to go through the motions with the machine check-in, even though it does not work for infant luggage (which is free BTW), and eventually get some human help to send us on our way.

The trip was a success. I completed one goal- to drink a pumpkin spice latte. How is it possible that I grew up in New England and never had one before? Regardless, it was delish! I didn't do so well on my goal to leave Baby Boy for more than an hour; actually I failed at it. BUT, soon! I WILL do it! We got to see lots of people, found out more friends are expecting (bringing the total to 7 babies on the way- insane, right?), and I didn't cook anything for 2 weeks- that was fun!

Since we've been back, I've unpacked 250 lbs of luggage (4 bags of 50 lbs + 2 carry-ons + 2 personal items). We have a lot more toys and books now, so I can keep myself entertained. And I am reading like crazy: sleep training, starting solids, potty training- I will be prepared, kind of.

(excuse the blurriness, our good camera was lost in the luggage mess,
but I think you get the idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment