Friday, May 13, 2011

My new BFF

His name is GERD. Some of you may know him by his colloquial name, acid reflux. But really he prefers his full name- Gastro-Esophogeal Reflux Disease.

He's kind of a kartzia (=tick=parasite=pain in the behind). He comes and goes as he pleases. He likes to show up when I'm trying to relax after a meal, or when I go to bed at night.

The only one that can control him is Uncle TUMS. Unfortunately TUM's BFF is Mr. Constipation, so I don't like to let him stop by the house too often. Inevitably if one comes over, the other tags along.

So that's where we're at. I've been trying to avoid GERD by cutting out his gang of co-conspirators, Mrs. Tomato, Mr. Onion, Baby Orange and all their friends. But life is strange without them. It's a catch 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment