Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baby Brain

M said I need to post about this, and he's probably right. Since becoming pregnant I have become a complete airhead. I've become clumsy, forgetful and an all around ditz and it's starting to get old. Up until now the biggest consequence of baby brain was forgetting the baking powder in a cinnamon cake that I planned to bring over to a dinner party. Luckily it was early enough that I had time to make a replacement, but that's pretty bad.

I may have topped it though on a recent trip to Walmart. We were leaving the store, and M reminds me to get out change to tip the bag girl. There were a bunch of bag kids on break, that we were passing, one of them a girl which I had just seen joining the boys. So I assumed this was the girl who bagged up our things and gave her the tip. M turns around "what are you doing?". Turns out our bag girl was still by the register we had payed at, and I never even thought to turn around and look...oy the baby brain.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've got it bad, too. The other day I was trying to write the word "phase" and I wrote it "faze" and kept thinking that it kinda looked weird but it just HAD to be right because really, how else would you spell it? Dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...good one :) Glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete