Friday, April 1, 2011

A Sober Wedding

We're going to the USA! YAY to the home of Target! But first we (I) had to prep.

Shopping for maternity clothes is kind of a bummer. Shopping for them in Mexico is worse. And shopping for a dress to go to a wedding is just about the pinnacle of awkward. But with a still fairly small baby bump, I hit up the mall and I had to make it or wear yoga pants to the wedding. But I found something- yay! And with a little help from a seamstress we were in business.



The weekend was fantastic. Honestly, it was so exciting to be Stateside that even though we didn't have a ton of time, we sure as hell got a lot done. And we ate a lot, a lot, a lot. That's something you must be able to relate to if you're reading this blog. :) So even though I was kind of a bossy hormonal brat, everyone went along with it. We did some sight-seeing, and hanging out with friends we haven't seen in a long while, and it was kind of awesome in so many ways.



Being totally sober was actually only strange when the music was bad. (And I was definitely the only one sober in that room of 200 people). Because when we were eating or dancing it was cool. But then the music gets not so great, and a la Bar-Mitzvah it is the awkward should I keep dancing? should I sit down? ahh the age-old question I didn't think I would be faced with for at least another 13 years give or take.

*If you're keeping track, we've made it to 21 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment