Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More Diaper Talk

Ok, so I thought I should share practically what I'm thinking of actually doing. I must say that M is still a bit hesitant, but we're going over to some people's house that cloth diaper and hopefully seeing them in person will take care of the final convincing (or totally backfire). We'll see...

Anyway, after researching this topic to death, I think that I'd like to do this:

First couple of weeks- disposables. Poor baby will still have umbilical cord, and circumcision scarring and we'll definitely have a grandma or two around so I think we'll just go with the main-stream manner.

First couple of months after disposables run out- prefolds with covers. This seems like the easiest way to get a good fit, and it's a lot a lot cheaper than fitteds. For such a short time, I don't want to make a huge investment. So I think I want to go with:
Green Mountain Diapers Newborn Prefolds
and
Bummis Super Brite Covers
and maybe get a couple of
Snappis



Once Baby Boy hits 9 or 10 pounds- all in ones. I want to keep it simple. I KNOW that I don't want to stuff diapers with liners. To me it's kind of like folding socks or something, an annoying laundry related task and I just don't want to deal with it. Plus once Baby Boy is older and more fidgety, something that only takes one step seems like a big advantage. This is the current pick:
BumGenius Elemental All-in-Ones
and also one of these
Diaper Sprayer
and maybe some of these
Disposable liners



All in all, it looks like it's going to be a pretty hefty investment (like 700 buckaroos). The fact that we have to import everything with us doesn't help, but I gotta just decide and go with it because in a couple of weeks will be our last visit Stateside before Baby Boy makes an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment