Monday, April 25, 2011

Crazy Party Thoughts

I think at a certain point of being pregnant, you start to feel like you really need to get ready for baby NOW. Or like, YESTERDAY. And you start making lists and checking things off, and considering all the different alternative plans for what might happen after the birth and how to guide your loved ones to take care of stuff the way you would. Well, I definitely reached that point.

And for some reason, it's been totally channeled into our baby naming party. I know it's going to happen one week after the birth. I have a feeling I'm going to look and feel like a mess. But I still want to give Baby Boy a great party. So now everywhere I go, I see party stuff.



Costco: "oo look they have paper goods, we'll need to come back here".

Pastry shop: "oh look, they make kids cakes" [tastes sample] "and they're yummy too, we should order the cake for the party here".

Party store: "I like this shop" [thinks: come to get candy and decor here...]

Goes to lunch: [I need to remember to invite this girl...maybe I should make a guest list, hmm]

Walks down street: "I wonder if we could have the reception here...or should I just move the furniture in the house?"

So that's the current crazy. Anyone else have a totally random must-prepare-before-baby-arrives obsession?

No comments:

Post a Comment