Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thank Goodness for Blockbuster

The first few weeks were seriously HE- double hockey stick bad. For once I was really really really happy I didn't need to work, or do anything, really. The house progressively descended into disarray. All I ate was bread. Plain or toasted. With butter or if I was really wild, cream cheese. But I couldn't enter the kitchen; see food let alone smell it. I definitely wasn't cooking. And I avoided the grocery store like the plague. The best I could do was try to leave the house for a short walk once in a while. But I made sure to cross the street if I was going by a restaurant. Poor M, he was back to his bachelor days of pasta-tuna salad (and yes it is as gross as it sounds, but you get all your nutrients with little work).
The one comfort I had was our couch. And internet forums to pass the time. And tv. But mostly Blockbuster. I rented movies like nobody's business. And when you don't want to move off the couch, even the bad ones are not so bad. Thank goodnss for our premium membership. That month alone paid off the whole year.

No comments:

Post a Comment