Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An Alternative View, Part 2

You know hormones? Well I've never been a very big fan of them, especially when they get out of control. You see the next 3 weeks, (weeks 11-13 if you're trying to figure it out) I was a cranky, sensitive mess. I never really got the high end, no elation here. Just normal or some form of bad.
We spent the first week touring by car. And it rained a lot, and I don't really like being in a small car on gravel roads for a lot of hours a day, with no music. It was pretty dismal. And M still had to deal with my attitude problems. Because we were staying in cabins and I was freezing my butt off. And we had to cook our own food because there was no where to go out to eat. And I really don't like cooking on vacation. And my poor guy tried so hard to make it a fun adventure: We got appetizers for dinner, your favorite! And I'll do all the prep work! And you can have a non-alcoholic beer!
(looks good, right?)
But I was a downer, even when I was kind-of having fun. Little did we know that the best was yet to come. For some reason, I was set in my mind, that if you go to Chile, you have-to hike the Torres del Paine. Luckily M convinced me to book lodges so that we wouldn't have to camp. But man, was it rough. We still carried around packs and I had NO energy. Top that off with rain, wind that knocks you off your feet, and sleeping in bunk beds (when you have to get up to pee in the middle of the night) and it was a doozy. Honestly, the only thing that kept me going, was getting to the next lodge so that we could be one day closers to done with the trek, so that we could GET OUT of THERE! That was my motivation. I was over the beauty, the nature, the adventure. All I wanted was some real (non-hiking) food and a comfy b&b bed.
(keeping it real)
The last few days after the trek were actually kind of fun. I mean, nothing could be as bad as that trek, so you know...Unfortunately my knees were a little ravaged so we didn't get to hike as much as we hoped, but it wasn't so bad. And the buses were ok, except for when I threw up at the end. But we were going back to the big city! Food and shopping and lounging on the computer in bed all day fun!!!

(city happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment